BPMN Modeler for Confluence
Run a methodical Process Management approach directly within the Enterprise Wiki
The viadee BPMN Modeler is a lightweight extension for the Enterprise Wiki System Atlassian Confluence. With the BPMN Modeler it is possible to carry out methodically profound process management directly within Confluence. The numerous and valuable advantages of this approach resulted from the extensive project experience of our BPM experts and were the motivation for the development of the plug-in:
- Companies either use tools like Visio to document, analyse and optimise processes. A central storage and versioning system are missing here. Additionally, these tools do not enable syntax checks, which control the right application of a voice notation like BPMN 2.0.
- Or companies use expensive specialised BPM tools that can and should only be operated by BPM experts because the modeling licences are very expensive. Often only those who work and think in these processes every day have permission to read the process models. Changes can only be made by a few experts. The effect is that process documentation becomes obsolete. The once tediously created process models don’t match the actual processes anymore.
The BPMN Modeler for Confluence enables starting into a simple and inexpensive methodical process management. To make this procedure available to everyone, we have provided a free version of the BPMN Modeler. The free version makes it possible to create process models on Wiki pages with BPMN 2.0.
More than 1.000 installed instances and top ratings
- More than 1.000 companies worldwide use the BPMN Modeler for Confluence.
- Since the introduction in 2016, the number of companies has been rising steadily.
Overview – Version comparison
The viadee BPMN Modeler for Confluence is also available as an Enterprise Version. It offers many valuable additional features. An overview can be found here:
|Function / Feature||Freeware||Enterprise|
|Modeling diagrams directly within the Wiki|
|Create, view and edit standard-compliant BPMN 2.0 process models|
|Free placement of process models on pages as Confluence macros|
|Import BPMN models from other BPMN 2.0 compliant modeling tools like Signavio or Adonis|
|Export to BPMN 2.0 XML and SVG|
|Save diagram version as an attachment to a Confluence page|
|Collaborative working with the comment function of Confluence|
|Links to wiki pages and external pages
|Linking of process models
|An extended attributes panel provides the following editing options for process model elements:
|PDF and Word export
|Export of diagrams as PNG files, e.g. for PowerPoint presentations|
|Commenting on model elements
|Extended information icons for process elements
|Version control and version comments
|Individual usage restrictions at Confluence Space level.
|XML editor for BPMN 2.0
|Maintenance Contract [OPTIONAL BY AGREEMENT]
* The BPMN Modeler for confluence uses the open source project bpmn.io We would like to thank the colleagues for this successful project.
Freeversion: „Finally a plug-in that fully supports BPMN 2.0 and is very comfortable to use!“ – Heiko Fricke, Atlassian Marketplace