BPMN Modeler for Confluence
Process management directly within the Enterprise Wiki
The viadee BPMN Modeler is a lightweight extension for the Enterprise Wiki System Atlassian Confluence. With the BPMN Modeler it is possible to carry out methodically profound process management directly within Confluence. The numerous and valuable advantages of this approach resulted from the extensive project experience of our BPM experts and were the motivation for the development of the plug-in.
- Models can be created directly within the Wiki, framed by accompanying documentation, e.g. using process fact sheets and process maps
- Technical process diagrams, which are for example executed by the Camunda BPM process engine, are also designed in Confluence
- Linking process knowledge with other aspects of the company
- All process models are in one place and changes are versioned automatically
- Process information is made accessible to every employee of the company, in order to create transparency for operative personnel
- Standard-compliant BPMN 2.0 models can be imported from other modeling tools such as Camunda, Signavio or Adonis by drag and drop.
- Easy to use modeling tool available to every employee without installing additional software
More than 1.000 Installed Instances and Top Ratings
Here are some of our references:
"Finally a plug-in that fully supports BPMN 2.0 and is very comfortable to use!" - Heiko Fricke, Atlassian Marketplace
Overview of the features
Modeling directly within Wiki
Creating, viewing and editing standard compliant BPMN 2.0 process models
Using sub processes for loops
Free placement of process models on pages as Confluence macros
PDF and Word export: When Confluence pages are exported in Word or PDF format, the process diagram is included in the export
Save diagram version as an attachment to a Confluence page
High Compatibility with other BPMN 2.0 compliant modelling tools
- Import from other standard-compliant modelling tools such as Camunda, Signavio or Adonis
- Export as standard-compliant BPMN 2.0 XML
- As a member of the BPMN Model Interchange Working Group we continuously demonstrate and expand our compatibility with other tools.
Export as SVG
Export of diagrams as PNG files, e.g. for PowerPoint presentations
XML editor for BPMN 2.0
- The process model is stored in standardized XML format.
- Technically experienced users can modify the XML file directly in the BPMN Modeler for Confluence.
Collaborative working with the comment function of Confluence
Commenting on model elements
- You can add comments to each node in the process model
- The comments document, for example, the current state of discussion in process modeling
- For each comment, the author and the timestamp of the comment are saved
Version control and version commenting
- When saving changes made to a process diagram the author can leave a version comment
- This makes it possible to trace which model change was made in which diagram version.
- You can choose two different versions of one diagram and visually compare them
- Process analysts can see, which process elements have been added, which elements have been deleted, where there have been changes made to attributes, and where the order of elements on the drawing area has been changed
Links to wiki pages and external pages
Linking of process models
- If you work with hierarchical process structures, e.g. main and sub processes, or with process interfaces, you can link these diagrams and navigate through the process net.
- Clicking on the linked process directly displays the diagram in the preview window
- From here you can jump to the linked process diagram and start editing
An extended attributes panel provides the following editing options for process model elements:
- Display of all links stored for a process element
- Textual description of the process element
Colour highlighting of the process element
Display the technical attributes of the process element, which are needed for process automation purposes
Extended information for process elements
- Show/hide wiki links
- Show/hide process model links
- Show/hide comments
Individual usage restrictions at Confluence Space level
Maintenance Contract (optional by agreement) Do you need extensive enterprise support and a direct contact person? Then contact us.