Ready for the future
Modernise your IT
Legacy IT Strategy with viadee:
We create solutions for you
Legacy IT – Challenges and Strategy
The demands of digitisation present companies with new challenges. Young software developers follow the current technology trends Experienced employees, who have built up the used technologies and professionalism over the years, are retiring. The cost pressure on IT is increasing. Many business-critical systems in companies are in this area of conflict – the Legacy IT. We accompany you on the way.
Our Service Portfolio in the area Legacy IT and Specialist Data Migration
Profit from our experience with an offer that is individually tailored to your needs.
- Strategy Development and Potential Analysis
- Architecture consulting for target application environments and necessary stages
- Individual implementation of a modernised digital IT from one source with experts from both worlds
Specialist Data Migration
- Industry know-how in the fields of insurance, finance and trade
- GAP Analysis and Data Profiling
- Added value through networking with our other competencies - Test automation, RPA, IT-Security, Cloud
To a clear strategy with the Potential Analysis
Dealing with complex Legacy IT requires a strategy that balances requirements, goals and priorities. The potential analysis provides a suitable tool to evaluate the directional guidelines with opportunities and risks for the legacy applications and to make strategic decisions for the coming years.
On the basis of the potential analysis, a balanced and consistent Legacy IT strategy is defined for the entire Legacy IT.
Essential are the 5 options for action, the 5R’s:
Retire: Shutdown of the legacy application – combined with a business data migration
Replace: Replacement of the legacy application with another specialised application system
Reengineer: Modernisation and Extension of the Legacy application
Rehost: Relocation of the Legacy application to another operating platform
Retain: Continuation of the Legacy application
Transfer your data safely into the new system
An essential component of the replacement of a legacy application is the specialist data migration. Business data migration ensures a smooth transition from the legacy application to the target system. It transfers the data from the legacy application to another specialist application system – the target system – in accordance with a set of rules.
The following aspects are decisive for the success of the specialist data migration:
- Sufficient understanding of the legacy application through data profiling, system archaeology and industry know-how
- Systematic GAP analysis including consideration of neighbouring systems
- Early definition of the migration scope – also for historical data
- Ongoing review and improvement of data quality
- Development of test methods
- Procedure according to script
- Servicing the actuarial requirements (auditor)
- Clarification of data protection requirements
- Dealing with residuals
- Adequate implementation concept and change management